Mahomet, Texas, USA
Select Picture to Enlarge
The Mahomet Christian Church was established in about 1851 at Sycamore Springs. After the building burned in 1899 the church moved to the nearby Mahomet community.
The church continues to worship each Sunday morning at 9AM with fellowship following. The Church is affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and our communion is open to all believers in Christ. John Davenport is the current pastor.
2014 Church Project: In 2014, Mahomet Christian Church shared some supplies with a sister community in Kolti, India.
We are ecumenical in spirit and share with other churches and the community in several events during the year. A few of these are:
The church is located at 10451 FM243 East about 11 miles East of Bertram and 3 miles West of 183 near the Williamson County line in far south eastern Burnet County. The church site was formerly the location of the Sycamore Springs School that operated from 1898 to 1944.
© 2002-2017, All rights reserved. This information may be used by libraries, genealogical
societies, and for personal use; however, commercial use of this information
is strictly prohibited without prior permission of the Mahomet Christian Church (DOC).
Stories, photos and records cannot be copied and reposted on
any other website without permission. You may link to these pages.
Last updated on the 16st of July 2017.