Speed Limits Reduced on NACA Streets
The Public Works Department has identified some
streets in the NACA area where speed limits are being reduced to 25 mph.
The Texas Transportation Code allows a city to set a
speed limit lower than 30 mph if the highway is not an officially designated or
marked highway or road, if the highway is 35 feet or less in width, if car
parking is not prohibited on one or both sides of the street, and if the
highway has less than four lanes used for travel.
The following streets in Area 1 of NACA have been
identified as 25 mph areas, and signs will be posted soon in these areas.
- Alden Drive from Bradford Drive to Jamestown Drive
- Bangor Bend from Jamestown Drive (west intersection) to
Jamestown Drive (east intersection)
- Beech Drive from Dryfield Drive to Clearfield Drive
- Bradford Drive from Fairfield Drive to Plymouth Drive
- Bridgeport Drive from Payton Gin Road to Fairfield Drive
- Brookfield Drive from Payton Gin Road to Beech Drive
- Chesapeake Drive from Bradford Drive to Jamestown Drive
- Clarewood Drive from Fairfield Drive to Payton Gin Road
- Clearfield Drive from U.S. Highway 183 (Research Boulevard) to
- Colonial Drive from Payton Gin Road to Fairfield Drive
- Colony North Drive from Maine Drive to Jamestown Drive
- Connecticut Drive from Jamestown Drive to Bridgeport Drive
- Dryfield Drive from Beech Drive to Brookfield Drive
- Larkspur Road from Brookfield Drive to Parkfield Drive
- Maine Drive from Fairfield Drive to Jamestown Drive
- Maryland Drive from Jamestown Drive to Bridgeport Drive
- New Hampshire Drive from Fairfield Drive to Plymouth Drive
- Parkfield Drive from Payton Gin Road to Clearfield Drive
- Plymouth Drive from Maine Drive to Jamestown Drive
- Redfield Lane from Payton Gin Road to Fairfield Drive
- Remington Lane from Fairfield Drive to Dryfield Drive
- Staunton Drive from Colony North Drive to Jamestown Drive
Other areas within NACA boundaries are being studied
and may be added to the list.
If you have questions about your street, contact
Henry Usher at 512-974-7038.
~By Linda Moore