Professional Secretaries International®
The Association for Office Professionals®
- To provide a professional support group to elevate secretarial standards, to increase awareness of the role of the secretary in the business world, and to raise the levels of proficiency in both secretarial skills and interpersonal skills.
- Chapter meetings are held the third Tuesday of each month. Registration begins at 5:30, call to order at 6:00 with an optional dinner, followed by a program. Call 512-473-7121 to register or obtain more information.
- Capital Chapter's membership stands at over 85 office professionals from across the greater Austin area. Employers include major high-tech firms, governmental agencies, insurance firms, law offices, medical facilities, real estate firms, higher education institutions, private corporations, retired professionals and students preparing for the profession.
- Among the rewards for achieving the Certified Professional Secretary® (CPS)® rating, many of the more than 50,000 CPS holders have reported: pride in accomplishment, increased self-esteem, greater respect from employers and peers, confidence to assume greater responsibilities, college credit toward a degree, pay increases, bonuses, and opportunity for advancement. In today's workplace, having the CPS credentials can be assurance of employability.
The rating is obtained by completing and verifying educational and secretarial employment experience requirements and passing a three-part, one-day exam.
Part I, Finance and Business Law:
- economics, accounting and business law
Part II, Office Systems and Administration:
- office technology, office administration and business communications
Part III, Management:
- behavioral science in business, human resources management, and organizations and management
Resources available to aid candidates in preparing for the exam include review manuals, self-study guides, audio and video tapes, computer programs and CPS review classes co-sponsored with Austin Community College's Center for Career and Business Development.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Professional Secretaries International World Headquarters
10502 NW Ambassador Drive
P. O. Box 20404
Kansas City, MO 64195-0404
Professional Secretaries International
return to MAIN home page