(A) In this section:
(1) DRIVEWAY means an area adjacent to a curb cut providing vehicular access between a street and an off-street parking area, including a circular driveway.
(2) FRONT YARD and SIDE YARD have the meanings assigned by Section 25-1-21 of the Code (Definitions).
(3) MOTOR VEHICLE means a self-propelled vehicle designed for use on a highway and includes an inoperable motor vehicle as defined in Section 9-1-1 of the Code (Definitions).
(4) RESTRICTED PARKING AREA MAP means the official map depicting the areas to which this section is applicable, adopted by ordinance and on file with the police chief.
(B) This section applies to residential property within the areas depicted on the restricted parking area map.
(C) A person may not park a motor vehicle in the front yard or side yard of a residential property, except in a driveway or a paved parking space depicted on an approved site plan.
(D) This subsection applies to a request to amend the restricted parking area map to include or exclude a neighborhood association area.
(1) The following persons may submit an application to the city manager requesting that the city council amend the restricted parking area map:
(a) for an area with an adopted neighborhood plan:
(i) the chair of the official planning area contact team;or
(ii) an officer of a neighborhood association if there is no official planning area contactteam; or
(b) for an area without an adopted neighborhood plan, an officer of a neighborhood association.
(2) The city manager shall accept an application to amend the restricted parking area map during February of each year. The council shall consider the applications annually.
(3) The city manager shall give notice in English and Spanish of the public hearing before the council by publishing notice in a newspaper of general circulation not later than the 16th day before the date of the public hearing. The City is responsible for the cost of publication.
(4) The city manager shall give notice in English and Spanish of an amendment to the restricted parking area map not later than the 30th day after the amendment is effective to the following associations and persons in the affectedarea:
(a) each neighborhood association;
(b) the chair of each planning area contact team;
(c) each City of Austin utility accountholder; and
(d) each notice owner who does not reside in the affected area.
(5) A neighborhood association must be registered with the Public Information Office of the City.
(E) If an area in a neighborhood plan combining district is added to the restricted parking areamap in accordance with Section 25-2-1406 (Ordinance Requirements), the council may delete the area only by amending the ordinance that establishes the neighborhood plan combining district.
Source: 1992 Code Section 16-5-22; Ord. 031204-13;Ord. 031211-11; Ord. 040325-Z-1; Ord.20051027-010; Ord. 20080131-133.